August 20, 2013 § Leave a comment
So far in our Photography 101 series, we’ve asked guest photographers to share their insights and tips on various elements of the craft, from light to composition. Today, meet Matthew George: the blogger at Photo Lord, a site that features and recognizes other photographers, and a passionate high school photography teacher. In this installment, Matthew introduces focus and the concepts of depth of field and aperture.
Finding your focus — the basics
I provide some general guidelines to my students:
View original post 1,708 more words
August 7, 2013 § Leave a comment
My loyal blog followers. Nothing compares to you. I know it’s hard finding time to check on me when we all have life commitments. It’s not an easy world we live in, but with a little dose of love here and there, we can all make the world a better place.
So I’m redesigning my life and my blog, and promise to always let my light shine through.
Sending hugs, flowers and kisses this early morning.
May y’all shine forever.
- Hugs Anyone? (wingingthislife.wordpress.com)
- EXO releases ‘XOXO (Kiss & Hug)’ Repackaged Album (mykrworld.wordpress.com)
- Hugs and kisses (homeschoolensemble.wordpress.com)
- Kids say and do the darnest thing! (janheath1234.wordpress.com)
- Hugs and kisses!! (princessjanny.wordpress.com)
- Smooches: Jay Z Surprises Beyonce With An Onstage Kiss in Philadelphia (celebuzz.com)
- Another ‘Inspire Me’ post… (olivergouldmusgrave.wordpress.com)
- Giving My Tightest Hug (darwintaylo.wordpress.com)
- Princess Comedian On “Hugging & Kissing” (zonicupdates.wordpress.com)
June 18, 2013 § Leave a comment
The 8 Things to Look for in a Business Plan
When we decided to go after investment for our company, we came to the point where we needed a business case. Business cases are generally no more than 10-15 pages of slides. We built our business case based on what Angel Investors and VC firms look for when they review a plan. Different firms have different requirements, although many are similar. After speaking with a wide range of investors, below is the summary of what these investors looked for in a business plan.
The 8 key items that investors look for in a business plan
- The Value Proposition: The big questions that the value proposition should answer is ‘Why you?’ Why should someone buy your product or service – is it better, faster, is it believable, unique, does it have a competitive advantage, and does it solve a big need or frustration?
- Industry and Competitive Analysis:…
View original post 359 more words
April 22, 2013 § Leave a comment
4 Writing Resources for Content Marketers
April 17, 2013 § 4 Comments
April 17, 2013 § Leave a comment
April 15, 2013 § 2 Comments
April 3, 2013 § 2 Comments
This is really awesome!
- First suspects in Atlanta cheating scandal surrender – CBS News (cbsnews.com)
- UN approves arms trade pact – CNN International (cnn.com)
- Lawmakers Charged in Plot to Buy Spot on Mayoral Ballot – New York Times (nytimes.com)
- Under Heavy Security, NRA Details School Guards Plan – New York Times (nytimes.com)
Tasty wheat bread with subtle flavors of coffee and chocolate goes well with both savory and sweet accompaniments.
While the all-purpose flour stores in our pantry are diminishing, we still have an abundance of wheat flour. The exceptional wheat bread we made earlier this year was fabulous, but it is time and labor intensive. This weekend called for a loaf with more “auto-pilot” in the directions – and more of the work being done by our trusty Zojirushi bread machine. We found a well-reviewed recipe that included wheat flour. After sampling a slice of the finished product with butter and honey, we both agreed it was a delicious addition to our bread rotation.
Infused Wheat Bread
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp coffee extract
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 tbsp unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp unsweetened Dutch processed cocoa…
View original post 43 more words