April 22, 2013 § Leave a comment
March 22, 2013 § Leave a comment
March 8, 2013 § Leave a comment
December 4, 2012 § Leave a comment
October 5, 2012 § 8 Comments
In this hard economy, a lot of companies take advantage of hiring freelancers and online workers for their respective businesses. This in turn has become an advantage to us, the house moms who want to earn a buck or two while not risking the quality of time we spend with our families. Freelance jobs and web opportunities are no longer as scarce as before, and all you have to decide on is what kind of job you will venture on.
Here are some of the jobs and online opportunities that you can find over the internet:
- Tutors/Teachers – Put your motherly tutoring skills into work by applying to online tutoring jobs. From Basic Mathematics skills to Intermediate English Writing, it all depends on what you think you’re good at.
- Social Media Management and Marketing
Data Encoding/Captcha – The salary for this job isn’t much as compared to the others, but it is one of the most flexible jobs in the internet. If you want to earn a buck or two while the kids are sleeping, consider taking this job. There are lots of Captcha Encoding sites to choose from, search the web for the ones that are known to be certified paying Captcha Encoding sites.
- Article Writing
- Email Marketing
- Medical Transcriptionists – In this job, you have to transcribe reports that are recorded by physicians and other medical professionals into writing. Take advantage of these if you have good hearing and precision to detail. You don’t have to worry though, there are some who provide training first before they let you do the work.
- Order Processing
- Translator – Are you good in other languages like French, Spanish or Mandarin? Make a profit from your skills and get a translating job in the internet. From voice recordings to article translation, you name it, the job is readily available on the net.
- Audio Transcription
10. Web Maintenance – Take advantage of this kind of work if you have a background in maintaining internet websites. If you are that kind of mom that is knowledgeable in maintaining a website, this may become one of your most profitable sources of income.
12. Tech Support – Computer savvy? There are lots of companies that offer part time online tech support jobs that provide you with the flexibility of working 3-5 hours a day. Some 24/7 companies even offer tech support positions at night, a perfect opportunity that you may wish to grab on too.
13. Answering Surveys
14. Call Center Representatives – there are basically three types of representatives in this field: Inbound (customer service), Outbound (sales) and Chat Support.
15. Copywriting – Some small businesses look up freelance copywriters in hopes of boosting their sales up a notch. If you are good at making articles that promote a product, copywriting jobs are the ones for you.
17. PTC – Pay to click ads are easy to do: just go to a certified paying PTC site, register, and start clicking ads! Like captcha encoding, however, this is not exactly as lucrative as the others, so if you are only looking for a couple of extra bucks every month, you may do this on the side.
18. Administrative jobs
19. Proofreading – There are many people, authors and students alike that look for people who can proofread their work. If you like reading a lot, and wouldn’t mind correcting a couple of grammatical and spelling errors, apply for this kind of job.
20. Blogging – This is one of the most lucrative jobs on the net. Talk about anything under the sun that strikes your fancy, although it’s always best to pick a certain genre to get a specific audience.
21. Franchise ownership
22. Voice Talent – Do you have a voice to brag? Get hired as a voice talent! This is included in this list because it’s a freelance job that you can do any hour of the day, so long as it’s quiet and you have got a good microphone or headset. Once you get hired as one, you only have to record your voice and send it to your client in an MP3 format.
You Tube– Fond of making videos? Consider becoming a you tube product critic. It’s just like making blogs, but in video form. A lot of bloggers venture into this kind of media, due to its popular use.
24. Email Response – Businessmen are “busy men”, and a lot of them need help in their daily activities. Email Response handling is one of these. Answer their emails, do whatever they want you to do about the rest of it and get paid by the hour.
Though it is true that there are lots of web opportunities that you can take advantage of, you must never forget to be wary of the scammers that pretend to offer work as well. Remember, if the job asks for your credit card or wants you to pay for anything, it is most likely a scamming plot. Do some research; know which freelance job sites are legit, and good luck in your future home-based occupation!
- Confident Technologies Unveils New Image-Based CAPTCHA as Brand Advertising Platform for Websites (prweb.com)
- Never Hire a Freelancer Again (tinywork.wordpress.com)
- The Anti 9-to-5 Guide – Michelle Goodman Interview (jobstock.com)
- The Seeker #1 – Rejected Unknown (dazeddigital.com)
- Work at Home Tech Support For SupportSpace (realwaystoearnmoneyonline.com)
- How to become a freelancing cartoonist? (ask.metafilter.com)
- Confident Technologies Unveils New Image-Based CAPTCHA as Brand… (prweb.com)
- 5 Great Freelance Jobs for College Students (hbculifestyle.com)
October 5, 2012 § Leave a comment
August 23, 2012 § 4 Comments
Anyone can customize his own website or blog account according to what he seems appealing to his eye. Although web designing has no strict rules—each design could work on one website but could turn out ineffective on another—there are still certain general principles a web designer could follow. Collis Ta’eed, a web designer and developer, proposed nine web designing principles that could help a web designer in his projects:
Web designers must make the site balanced with elements varying in sizes according to their importance. For example, the logo must be big enough to catch the visitors’ attention because it gives your website an identity. You could systematically position the logo beside the menus you are aiming to be clicked by the visitors. With strategic positions, variety of colors (striking for the more important elements), appropriate contrasts in sizes, colors, and styles to let some elements stand out…
View original post 689 more words