May 28, 2012 § 1 Comment
The pregnancy period stretches up to 40 weeks. It can be divided into 3 stages. They are the first, second and third trimester. A pregnant woman should be aware of pregnancy week by week so that she knows what to expect next.
The first trimester is the period from conceiving up to 13 weeks of pregnancy. This period starts right from the day you conceive i.e. from the time the sperm fertilizes the egg. A feeling of nausea and dizziness generally marks these three months and in fact most women tend to lose weight during this period. There is loss of appetite and a tendency to feel drained out of energy. The hormonal changes are making you feel like this. There is release of the pregnancy hormone HCG (Human Chrionic Gonadotropin) which will give you a positive pregnancy test at the end of week 3 i.e. when you are due to get your next periods. You are already 3 weeks pregnant before your test confirms the same. The fertilized egg metamorphoses into an embryo by week three. The embryo is a ball of cells that multiply to form the fetus. At week 5 the cells are multiplying at a rapid pace and taking their positions to form various parts of the baby’s body. The umbilical cord and placenta have started doing their work. In week 6 the heart of the baby will beat for the first time and in these week the parts of the face i.e.. eyes, ears, nose and limbs will begin to form. Week 7 sees the hands and the feet appear and also a massive increase in the size of the baby. In week 9 the different parts are accounted for and will be fine tuned in the weeks to come. The organs, muscles and nerves have started functioning. In this trimester the embryo has developed into a fetus about 3â€ long and weighs about 11/2 ounces. The limbs, stomach liver, brain, spine and the central nervous system are all formed. The fetus starts making movements though the mother cannot feel them, as the fetus is very small in size. Most miscarriages are likely to happen during this trimester.
The second trimester is the period from the 14th week to the 27th week. Nausea is over by the time you reach this trimester. The baby grows rapidly at this stage and in the next three months your stomach will start showing that you are carrying a baby. The umbilical cord that carries oxygen and nourishment to the fetus thickens. Take important precautions about your nutrition and exercise for healthy development of the baby. In the next couple of months the limbs will grow rapidly in size and the baby will start vigorous movements of hands, legs and head. Small fine hair will cover the baby’s entire body. Your baby will be passing urine. By week 16 baby’s circulatory system starts working well. By week 17 the baby will be blinking, sucking, and swallowing. Hair will also start sprouting on the head. The baby is covered in a waxy substance to protect it from its wet environment by week 20, as well as to make its passage into the world smoother during childbirth. The baby digestive system is getting strong and it produces a black, sticky substance that you will see in the baby’s first stool. During week 20, baby begins to sleep and wake on regular basis. By about 21 weeks you can actually start feeling the baby’s movements. By week 24, the baby’s heartbeat becomes so distinct that it can be heard by placing an ear on stomach. Lungs are still immature but the brain is very active. By the end of this trimester the baby will weigh about 11/2 – 2 pounds and will be about 14â€ in length. In the ultrasound he will look like a fully formed baby but will be comparatively small in size.
The third trimester is the final stage of pregnancy and after this there is only labor and delivery. This is the period from the end of the second trimester to the 40th week of pregnancy. There is rapid growth of the baby in this trimester. The brain develops further. The bones are strengthening and the baby closes and opens its eyes basically all the sense organs develop at this stage. A mother has to be very careful of her diet, as she has to meet demands of the growing baby. In fact most of the baby’s birth weight is achieved in this trimester. The movement of the baby becomes less as its size increases and there is less space in the womb. By about the 37th week she sheds the hair and the waxy substance that covers her and is likely to eat it up herself. The lungs and nervous systems are fully developed and the baby gets into the head down position by the end of this trimester. The mother feels a lot of heaviness and swelling in this trimester. Frequent urination would also be experienced.
Be aware of the above pregnancy week by week steps and ensure a trouble free pregnancy.
- Signs and Symptoms of Pregnancy and the Stages of Pregnancy (boldstate.com)
- Pregnancy Nutrition: Third Trimester Pointers (enfamil.com)
- TurboTax – Tax Deductible Pregnancy Medical Expenses (turbotax.intuit.com)
- Week by Week Pregnancy Week One (socyberty.com)
- Preeclampsia (markseigel.com)
- What’s Your Baby Up to This Month? (enfamil.com)
- Nicole Hughes posted a blog post (bloggymoms.com)
- Book Review: Your Pregnancy Week by Week, 7th Edition (susanheim.blogspot.com)
- Pregnancy Nutrition: Second Trimester Pointers (enfamil.com)
- Most Common Problems during the First Trimester of Pregnancy (ericcolbert.wordpress.com)
May 20, 2012 § 3 Comments
Successful female entrepreneurs understand the necessity to develop multiple streams of income today. The first step to financial freedom is the ability to create a passive income, and to achieve this, it is their ideas and their expertise which they trade, not just their time.
Women who choose to become an entrepreneur, establishing a fully fledged or smaller home based business, and even those in the corporate world can now turn their passions into profitable income streams.
So, how do you create an active income using your expertise?
For those solo professionals in the service industry, an active income can be achieved in a number of ways including conducting seminars and workshops, public speaking, and services such as consulting and coaching. In other words, your income is earned in exchange for your time. As long as you are ‘face to face’ or one-on-one with your customers, you have the ability to earn. Mother nature ensures that there will only ever be 24 hours in each day, therefore a ceiling is created on the amount of active income one can earn as it is relative to the input of hours at work.
Were you aware that you can also earn passive sources of income?
Fortunately, it is now so much easier to earn additional income passively. These avenues include licensing and selling your products and programs, reports, assessments and even selling someone else’s products or services, otherwise known as affiliate marketing. All these avenues may still utilise your expertise however and they give you the ability to create enormously profitable income streams without the need to trade your valuable time.
In other words, you have the ability to earn ‘while you sleep’.
Therefore, it is important to take a check of your life, and ensure that you continue to create wealth by freeing up more of your time and switching to ways where your income is earned from more passive sources.
We, as female entrepreurs know too well the feeling of being trapped in our business, not having enough time to take care of our career, our families, friends and still find time for ourselves.
With all the tools and resources available to female entrepreneurs today, it has become easier to redesign your business around your preferred lifestyle, freeing yourself from working in your business, and instead working ‘on’ the business. The perfect scenario is to work less, earn more and live your life on your terms.
Did you know that due to the popularity of the internet and especially the web2.0 marketplace, the most successful way to leverage your expertise into an extremely profitable business is turning your expertise or what you know into products and programs. In other words, you must create information products.
Information products will enable you to create instant passive income. With the right systems in place, your business can run on auto-pilot, being fully automated to let the money continually roll in even while you sleep. For your business to be automated, you will need the right technology, systems and support.
But where do you start? It all sounds easier than it is, right? As long as you have the desire to succeed as a female entrepreneur or a solo professional in business, it is important to position yourself in your micro-niche as an expert, then use your expertise to create your own information products to teach others what you know and help them solve their problems.
The following 7 hot tips will show how you, a successful female entrepreneur, the steps to model your business around your expertise, put your business on auto-pilot and create a lucrative passive income by leveraging your time, earning more whilst working less and live the lifestyle you desire.
1. The first tip is to establish yourself as an expert. Use the internet to brand yourself and become known as the expert in your niche around the globe. This will raise your profile, and have others seeking your lead and your expertise. Because you are ‘the expert’, others will not only want to provide you with an active income through one on one leadership, but will be more apt to purchase your products and programs resulting in a great passive income and freeing up more of your time.
2. Design your passive income marketing funnel The marketing funnel is a process whereby you establish trust with your many prospects in the beginning by offering free reports, newsletters, audios, videos or similar. Allow them to ‘taste’ what you offer with little or no risk or cost to them.
This process allows your prospects to become potential clients as they may move down the funnel where you offer higher priced products or services. As they progress down the funnel, it becomes easier to sell your high end services as by now they fully trust and believe what you have to offer will be of certain benefit to them.
Don’t make the mistake of trying to sell your high end products initially. This will more than often result in losing the prospect before you have a chance to let them know who you are or what your expertise can provide.
3. Learn the skills and info-preneur strategies to create passive income Multiply your profits by creating information products with what you know and use the power of the internet to create instant passive income. Look around and see the many different ways you can package your information and sell it online. Learn about content development to leverage the content you already have from your presentations, articles and workshops. Learn marketing strategies such as article marketing, web 2.0 marketing, affiliate marketing, social networking, blogging and pay per click advertising to determine which tactics are right for you and your business.
4. Nurture your creativity Both creativity and innovation are key to thinking about new ideas and what you can do for the future of your business. It is important to block some time out in your week specifically for creative right-brain, intuitive thinking. It is during these quiet times that you will get your inspiration. Sadly, when you are constantly busy, you have neither the time or energy to come up with new ideas for writing or creating programs. And how can you create a passive income stream if you don’t have the products?
5. Use systems and automate The key to leveraging your time and expertise is the use of systems. Install a system for every function in your business to make sure that you do one thing only once, and then it should be either delegated or automated to be done in future. Systems and automation can be set up for such procedures as getting client referrals, for contact management, for delivering your newsletter, recording sales, taking payments, for your record-keeping, for marketing, conferencing, teleseminars and for product development.
It is true that everything you do in your business can and should be made into a system. Reduce the day to day tasks that zap your energy and inhibit your creativity by leveraging the power of technology and the internet.
6. Delegate Your business will plateau or even stagnate if you try to do everything yourself. Although often difficult in the beginning, it is important that you learn to delegate. Surround yourself with a great team to support and help you create your highly profitable business. Outsourcing has become a popular exercise where you can delegate those tasks you either don’t like to doing or those that take you away from doing what you are good at. Try to concentrate on the tasks that ‘earn you the money’.
7. Seek a mentor and support In order to grow yourself and your business, to make more money and be as successful as your vision, you will need to seek the support of a mastermind group or a coach/mentor to motivate and drive you. Too often, female entrepreneurs are coaches themselves, and feel that this support is unnecessary. Oftentimes when their businesses are in the early stages, finances are continually being spread over to other areas and this important mentoring is ignored. Remember, even the very successful multi-millionaires continually use mentors to maintain their businesses on the cycle of success.
Finally, use collaboration with others and joint ventures to leverage your expertise. As long as you have a purpose and passion for your business, your success will continue and keep growing with your contributions and your followers.
Have a think about your business. Are you trying to do everything yourself? Are you giving yourself time to be creative? Are you making use of strategies and resources of experts that have done it before? Or perhaps you are continually trying to re-invent the wheel.
Fast track your journey and leverage your expertise to be the successful female entrepreneur that you desire to be.
- Home Business Passive Income Opportunities – Tips To Help You Find The Perfect One For You (blogpronews.wordpress.com)
- Is It Fair to Earn Passive Income? (stevepavlina.com)
- 5 Steps To Massive Passive Income (blogpronews.wordpress.com)
- Innovative Online Marketing Resources You May Find Useful (boldstate.com)
- What Is Passive Income And Can You Achieve It With A Home Business? (blogpronews.wordpress.com)
March 24, 2012 § 14 Comments
Remembering the innocence of your childhood, the freedom that you had in playing all day around and the chocolates and candies that you were eating are certainly part of your wonder years. This is when the important stages of memory development takes place. But how are these images accessible to you even in ones adults’ years when individuals have difficulties in memorizing things. Well these images are accessible to you through the process of memory development which includes both the utilization of long term memory and short term memory.
Obviously these images are accumulated in your mind from which you can access the large database of your brain. But this database is infinite, as unlike computer systems that have standard data storage capacity, the brain has an infinite amount of data storage where we memorize things. In fact the study of the brain other wise called neurology has found out new mechanisms of how memory functions in the brain.
Memory is the capacity to store, retain and retrieve information; your ability to do this is based upon both your long term memory and short term memory. These three processes are essential to follow each other in succession for efficient memory development. Unlike other organisms humans have a more complex brain structure which provides us the capability to accomplish complex tasks through the learning that we have inherited. This learning is accessible to you through the information that was stored in your mind which is imperative to memory development.
It might just seem a split of a second to remember somebody’s name but your neurons have responded to the immediate demand that your brain had made. That split second is the result of complex memory functions that your brain has undergone to recall that name.
Neuro science has found that processes of short-term memory and long-term memory (episodic memory) as the main types of memories. Now while retrieving your friends name as it was discussed above, does your brain use short-term or long-term memory? Obviously-long term memory as the name of your friend that you are trying to retrieve has been constantly revised through your brain which has led to the name being stored in the long term memory.
With this description of the mechanism of memory development it becomes imperative to elaborate as to how the short and long-term memory actually functions. First, your senses absorb all the physical stimulations that you acquire in terms of sight, smell, tactile and other senses. This registration of sensory memory in the brain is very important so as to differentiate between the different stimuli that the brain receives.
Photographic memory is in fact registered through the sight and its capacity to retain itself depends upon how long you have given attention to the stimulus. Once the sensory memory is registered in the brain it depends on how much attention a person pays to the sensory information so that now it can be registered in the short term memory which will augment memory development.
The short term memory stores information if sensory information has been rehearsed by the brain – a key component of memory development. Individuals do not feel the effect of the information that is remembered as this information is not properly rehearsed.
Therefore memory development is one of the most dynamic aspects to configuring an effective mind. It is the basis through which people gain consciousness without which one will not live a positive and happy life.
March 10, 2012 § 5 Comments
Perfumes have been with us for centuries, even before makeup arrived. But unlike makeup, perfumes are not limited to the female sex. Men, tough, brusque or not, enjoy this little vanity without any guilt. In fact, for some men, a scent does not just give the impression of what mood he is in, but also how much he earns.
People say that scent is everything. Perfume makers have always known that insects, animals and humans, release minute amounts of fragrances and odors called pheromones that could either serve as a defense, attack, or mating mechanism. This is the reason why an assortment of perfumes is available in the market that promises a particular effect. Certain fragrances can cause a woman to feel more feminine and soft or strong and in-control or fresh and vibrant. Mens line of fragrances, on the other hand, can create moods of inner strength, outdoor fun, and romance.
Because of the presence of need, perfume makers brought to the world designer perfumes. A designer perfume can either offer a perfume user the chance to display a particular mood, to exude the persona of a particular celebrity, or just bask in the image advertised by the designer perfume brand. A designer perfume, even it costs a fortune per ounce, became one of the fastest selling product under the cosmetics range due to the birth of mass media advertising. During the 1930s, the first designer perfume was created; the distinction belongs to the designer perfume Schocking for Schiaparelli.
A designer perfume aims at creating a distinct identity for its wearers. This identity is not limited to masculine and feminine fragrances. A designer perfume promises more complex identity packages such as exuding power, charisma, and appeal. Most designer perfume commercials on the billboard and the television impress upon the public that a certain line of fragrances can draw the difference between a normal or mediocre person and the interesting.
A designer perfume is sometimes named after a celebrity or a known figure in the society. An athlete is likely to endorse a sporty perfume, usually in cologne, that has a citrus, lime or dew as base, while a famous actor for an evening perfume with a hint of leather and musk, a bit woodsy, or some balsamic note.
To create the mood that you want, it is better to test a perfume on your wrists than to rely on the promises of its advertising. A certain designer perfume may smell sweet on your best friend but it may not smell the same on you. Your natural scent, body temperature and activity are factors that may affect the scent of a fragrance on the long haul.
March 7, 2012 § 7 Comments
March 6, 2012 § 2 Comments
March 1, 2012 § 3 Comments
Pregnant women are required to perform some kind of low bearing exercise during their pregnancy to ensure that their muscles are ready for the stresses of labor. If you exercised regularly prior to becoming pregnant, and are already in good shape, then you only need to maintain it. Check with your medical provider that the kind of exercise program you follow is safe for the baby and continue it as long as you can. Below are some general tips to keep in mind:
1. Change In Your Exercise Routine Is Necessary
Especially during the first and third trimesters, you will need to cut back on any heavy load bearing exercises such as weightlifting. You will need to switch to low impact exercises such as aqua-aerobics, yoga or pilates. Another option is to contact a qualified doctor or fitness trainer, preferably a fitness trainer that is experienced working with pregnant women.
2. Safe Pregnancy Exercises
– Yoga – Pilates – Aqua- Aerobics – Other exercises that strengthen the back – Stomach and abdominal exercises
3. Reduce Back Pain
Stretching can help to ease the pains that come with carrying the extra weight on your body, and the relaxation exercises will be invaluable when it comes to labor. Yoga is one exercise program that will give you an edge on labor, especially if you can master the breathing techniques. Swimming is also a perfect form of pregnancy exercise. You should avoid exercises that have as their intent muscular toning and building. When pregnant, it’s important that the body is kept at a good level of fitness, but it’s equally important not to undertake pregnancy exercise to an extreme.
4. Weight Management
Exercising while pregnant helps you manage your weight in two ways. First it enables you to burn more calories, this counters any tenancies to overeat while pregnant. Secondly it helps you get into the habit of exercising. If you start a regular exercise routine while you’re pregnant you’ll be able to continue it after you have your baby and easily drop your baby fat.
5. Mood Swings and Stress
Did you know that exercising in general helps to offset mood swings and alleviate stress? We all know mood swings are a common symptom of pregnancy… and pregnancy can definitely be stressful for some women. It’s been documented in many studies that woman (and men) who exercise regularly are in a better place emotionally and report less stress in their lives and low as opposed to people who do not exercise regularly.